Effective Sage 50 Inventory Management
Tips and Tricks for Inventory Control
Sage 50 Inventory – What causes your Sage 50 inventory to be out of balance to the general ledger? This is a list of items that can cause your inventory not to be functioning properly. They are easy to check if you are familiar with Sage Software and want to gain effective inventory control.
- Were the correct inventory balances established when you set up your items?
- Did items get set up as non stock or service?
- Are the inventory and cost of sales accounts on the items correct?
- Do you have items with a quantity on hand that are negative?
- Is the cost on individual items correct?
- Did someone book a journal entry to your inventory general ledger account
- Has someone edited items using the beginning balance option?
- Do you have corrupt inventory data?
- Are there orphaned inventory records?
If you are wondering how to fix your inventory balances we can perform a review and make recommendations that you can deploy or we can assist you with. Let us know if you need help correcting any of these issues we specialize in the inventory module for Sage 50.
Sage 50 Inventory Discovery includes
- Determining if a business’s inventory is functioning properly
- Review of basic inventory costing setup
- Discover if transactions are recorded properly
- Assistance to setup reorder inventory reorder levels
- Review of journal entries that may impact inventory
- Negative inventory quantity on hand
Take advantage of Advanced Inventory Management features
- Increase sales return on investment
- Reduce inventory on hand
- Free up working capital
- Win customer loyalty
- Boost service levels
- Prevent stock outs
Sage 50 Accounting allows you to instantly add a new inventory or service records “on the fly” when you are entering any of the following transactions: Inventory adjustment. Inventory transfer, Item assembly, Sales or purchase invoices.
Sage 50 Barcode Scanning
Are you looking for Sage 50 specialists that can help take your inventory information to the next level. Barcode scanning system setup, support and training when you have inventory control issues and need help correcting your Sage 50 quantity on balances.
- Physical inventory counts
- Barcode Labels
Sage Peachtree To 50 Upgrade
Upgrades from Peachtree and Data Conversions from Sage 50 to Sage 100. Update your Sage Peachtree to Sage 100. Sage 50 Cloud Inventory management software can help give you efficient processes and accurate information.
Sage 50 Accounting allows you to instantly add a new items or service records On demand when you are entering any of the following transactions:
- Inventory adjustment.
- Inventory issue to job
- Item assembly.
- Sales quotes
- Sales orders
- Sales invoices.
- Purchase orders
- Purchase bills
Getting your company’s inventory up and running involves three steps:
Step 1. Setting up inventory defaults (hint – test transactions in the future to confirm the impact to your financial statements)
Step 2. Adding the items your company purchases and sells both service and product (these lists can be imported or entered one at a time manually)
Step 3. Entering inventory beginning balances (This step is only performed one time when you initially set up the system)
It is a good strategy before you begin the process to consider how many items you need and how they will be used.
Learn more about inventory management visit www.jcscomputer.com or give us a call 800.475.1047
Sage Timeslips Support